Kids are not likely to agree to eat anything eventhough it is highly recommended by parents because it is good for children’s health. But with this recipe, hope that you can make sweetcorn and courgette fritters – one of the attractive healthy toddler meals vegetarian.
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50g courgette, grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 50g self-raising flour
- 5 eggs, 1 beaten, 4 for poaching
- 40ml milk
- 4 tb sweet chilli sauce
- juice 1 lime
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- mixed leaves, to serve
- Mix the sweetcorn, spring onions, courgette, paprika, flour, beaten egg, milk and some seasoning in a large bowl and set aside.
- Put a large pan of water on to boil. In a bowl, mix the chilli sauce with the lime juice and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan and spoon in four burger-sized mounds of the fritter mixture, spaced apart (you may need to do this in two batches). When brown on the underside, turn over and cook for 3 mins more until golden.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in the simmering water for 2-3 mins until cooked and the yolks are runny. Remove with a slotted spoon. Serve the fritters topped with a poached egg, mixed leaves and a drizzle of the chilli dressing.