Thailand have been famous with many delicious, spicies food for a long time. Everyone choose Thailand as a destination not only because of travel attractions, but also the attraction that Thai food brings. Let Win that look go with you to discover one of the best Thai food and find the way how to make Thai food: Thai Ginger & Sweet Red Chili Shrimp
This Ginger & Sweet Red Chili Shrimp, for example, is a very authentic tasting Thai dish, yet it’s easy to make and you can find all the ingredients at most supermarkets. The flavor comes from lots of fresh ginger and garlic, and of course, one of the best bottled sauces you can have in your kitchen – Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce.
The only thing to keep in mind is to have all your ingredients ready by the stove before you start cooking. Shrimp cook incredibly fast so you have to work quickly.
- 2 pounds extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut oil, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 4 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Place the shrimp in a bowl with the dry sherry and salt and marinate for 30 minutes; toss every so often.
- Heat a large wok or 12-inch skillet until very hot. While the pan is heating, lay the shrimp out on paper towels and pat dry. Add 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil to the pan and heat until sizzling. Add half of the shrimp to the pan (they should be in a single layer) and stir-fry (cook, stirring continuously) until just pink but not cooked through, 1-2 minutes. Transfer the partially cooked shrimp to a plate, then add the remaining two tablespoons of peanut oil to the pan and heat until sizzling; add the remaining shrimp and stir-fry as you did the first batch. When the shrimp are just pink but not cooked through, add the reserved shrimp back to the pan along with the ginger, garlic, sweet red chili sauce and jalapeño peppers; stir-fry for about 1 minute more. Add the water, soy sauce, scallions and bell peppers and cook until the shrimp are cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. Do not overcook. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the shrimp to a serving dish. Continue to cook the sauce until slightly thickened. Turn off the heat, stir in the sesame oil, and then pour over the shrimp. Serve with jasmine rice.
- Note: When working with jalapeño peppers, be careful to minimize contact with the seeds. Simply cut the flesh off the seeds and stem, then chop the flesh. If you touch the seeds, wash your hands well.
- Note: To grate fresh ginger, first peel the skin and then rub the ginger root along a rasp or fine grater. Watch your fingers!
You have done with the full recipe. Hope you can answer for yourself how to make Thai food. I am sure that your family and friends will definitely like this sucess of you.